Friday, August 30, 2013

Fall Voice Lessons in Brainerd, MN

Here we are at the beginning of a school year once again.  This time I'm starting it in a new town.  I'm looking forward to it.  The changing colors and the cooler temps always give me a warm, cozy feeling, and this year I get to see it over the beautiful lakes of Minnesota.  Fall is a time for new beginnings too.  It's a time to get back on a schedule of learning, regular activities, and events.  That feels good.  I love getting students into a rhythm of lessons so that we can hit a stride together.  It gives me so much pleasure to assist people in their musical journey.  I love the adult student who always wanted to sing, but didn't have the chance, or had some discouragement in the past.  I love the pre-teen who is full of enthusiasm and Disney songs.  And let's not forget the high school students who dream of playing the lead in the musical, getting into the elite choir, or just getting to spend time every week expressing themselves through music.  All this and more I am looking forward to this fall. 

How about you?  What are you looking forward to this fall?

13 comments:

  1. Sounds great, Joy. Are you going to do any fall baking....?

    Carrie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a matter of fact, I made a double batch of brownies, sourdough bread with my sister, and homemade spaghetti sauce yesterday. Today, many batches of kettle corn I think...

      Delete
  2. This looks great. I hope your studio fills with enthusiastic students and the Joy of music!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joy, fall is my favorite time of year, by far. I am most looking forward to all the fall festivals and of course the food :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmm...pumpkin this and that and butternut squash soup! Clearly I agree about the food.

      Delete
  4. I agree fall does give you some more of warmth.
    I am really looking forward to lose the 20 pounds that I should have lost in June ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Good luck with those 20 pounds. : )

      Delete
  5. Awww I miss our lessons SO much!!!! :) Fall is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. how cool is your life!!! it must bring such contentment--to help the eager singers reach their possibilities---yes, fall brings much excitement for me as well---love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughters would love to start voice lessons this summer! When is a good age to start with voice lessons? I feel like they are kind of young, they are only 4 and 6 years old. www.singyourstyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. My husband has a wonderful voice to listen to. He is a little insecure though when it comes to hitting certain notes in songs. I think if he had a few lessons it would really help out his confidence over all.
    Cynthia | | http://www.singyourstyle.com/vocal.htm

    ReplyDelete